Life can get hectic; full time jobs, children to drive to and from school, traffic to wait in, the cooking and cleaning that always piles up. Let’s be honest, our days are consumed with other priorities and fitness often is put on the back burner. Well, I am here to say, “no more!” Your physical health is important to your overall well being and even though getting to the gym may be an impossible task some days that is no excuse to skip being active. Home workouts are your answer; For this circuit: set a timer to 1 minute for each exercise, rest 30 seconds in between and repeat circuit 5 times.
Plank Up and Downs
- Start in high plank. Bend one arm to bring the elbow and forearm to the floor
- Bring the other arm down so you are in a forearm plank.
- Push back up to the start position, placing each hand where your elbows were.
- Repeat this movement, alternating which side you lower first with each rep.
- To begin, lie down with your back pressed against the floor or on an exercise mat (optional). Your arms should be fully extended to the sides with your palms facing down.
- With a slight bend at the knees, lift your legs up so that your heels are about 6 inches off the ground. This is the starting position.
- Now lift your left leg up to about a 45 degree angle while your right leg is lowered until the heel is about 2-3 inches from the ground.
- Switch movements by raising your right leg up and lowering your left leg. Remember to breathe while performing this exercise.
In and Out’s
- Sit on a flat surface, lean back and brace yourself with your hands.
- In a V-like sitting position, extend your legs out and back in towards your chest; keep your core tight during this movement.
Plank side to side
- Get into a plank with elbows on the floor.
- Slowly twist body to the right and left; have hips go as close to the floor as possible.